Dentists are specialized professionals who are responsible for diagnosing, as well as treating various conditions that affect the teeth, mouth and gums of a person. Dr. Kami Hoss highlights the fact that dentists often provide people with oral hygiene advice and preventive care, in addition to performing tooth replacements, extractions and root canals. Dr. Hoss essentially is a renowned dentist and orthodontist who is majorly based in Chula Vista, CA, and also has an office in the Oceanside region of the state. He additionally is the founded of an incredibly renowned pediatric dentistry and orthodontic practice present in San Diego called the Super Dentists. Being a part of this industry for several years now, he is well versed with its diverse aspects.
Kami Hoss talks about the essentials of becoming a dentist
The Super Dentists was founded by Dr. Kami Hoss along with his wife and business partner, Dr. Nazli Keri. Over the years, this organization has emerged has the largest pediatric dentistry in San Diego. This dentistry was established in the year of 1996, and initially started out as a single-doctor practice. Now, this organization has more than a hundred employees and serves more than 100,000 active patients coming from diverse parts of the San Diego County. This dentistry is renowned to have grown under the tactful and thorough supervision of Dr. Hoss. He additionally has even co-founded the Howard Healthcare Academy, and written articles relating to dentistry in prominent magazines.
The extensive experience acquired by Dr. Kami Hoss makes him an ideal candidate to guide budding dentists and other people planning to join this industry. He essentially marks a few pointers that they have to follow to become a dentist. Here are some of those steps:
- Enroll into a Bachelor’s Degree Program: Dental schools typically provide admission to students who already have a bachelor’s degree. Some schools may also admit students subsequent to 2 to 3 years of undergraduate study, and then enable them to earn the bachelor’s degree as a part of their dental program.
- Take the Dental Admission Test: Prior to applying to a dental school, students typically have to take the Dental Admission Test (DAT). This test ideally is designed to assess the scientific knowledge and academic capacity of the students.
- Earn a Dental Degree: People typically have to study at the dental school for four years, subsequent to which they can either acquire a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree. These programs are typically accredited by the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Obtain License: All dentists have to obtain state license in order to practice, and the requirements involved in it might differ for each state.
- Consider a Specialization: Orthodontics, oral and Maxillofacial pathology, pediatric dentistry, as well as dental public health are some of the options for specializations people ideally can make their choice from.
The above mentioned steps mentioned by Kami Hoss can be of a great help to peopleplanning to become dentists.